Fall fashion is a thing all its own. Sure, summer bursts on the scene with wild colors, vivid patterns and barely-there skimpiness that at times leaves little to the imagination, especially at the beach. Fall brings out the layers, the heavier fabrics, boots and booties that look so smart with trench coats, wool slacks and scarves on parade in the city. Pairing these looks just right is an art that you’ll appreciate when you shop at New York and Company. It’s the quintessential look that’s recognizable the world over. And now that New York & Co have teamed up with smart women like Eve Mendes and Gabrielle Union, there’s even more reason to shop the store. Shopping the store doesn’t mean trudging through traffic to get there, it means taking time to leisurely stroll through the pages of their online store, and taking in the classic looks, new arrivals and even summer clearance items on sale.
Shopping the store is even better when you add the money saving power of Groupon to snag deals on the latest apparel in stock. They have deals that are good whether you pop into the store on your way home, or shop from your desk at work. And there’s no need to worry if your trunk is filled with junk – you can easily qualify for free shipping and have your purchases sent to your door. They even have savings good only when you sign up for text alerts. There are so many ways to save, you’ll be glad you expanded your walk-in closet. By the time the installation is complete, you’ll be clicking your new heels on new hardwood floors. You can have a one-woman fashion show with all the new clothes you can fit in there.
Investing in a larger closet was a smart move to begin with. Choosing between hardwoods or laminate, light finish or dark, ceramic or tile took lots of consideration. Deciding to have hardwoods finished in place was a great choice that gave you the flexibility to get the finish you wanted and customize it to match the moldings around your new master suite. But it was prudent moves like shopping with Groupons that made it affordable.…
There is the high chance of floors getting dirty and wet in a house with children but children are not only the one reason. If you arrange parties in your house then it can also make your floor wet as incidents of falling of juices and coffee could take place at any hour of the party. The unexpected incidents which seem small can create the big problem such as fungus and fading of color of tiles. Therefore, it is very important that you take good decision about concrete flooring while choosing your flooring. There is a variety of water-resistance bathroom tiles that you can buy. Here is a detail about the types of tiles with tips that you can see while choosing your flooring.
Tips about Water-resisting Flooring
- Honed natural stone provides a very good grip while your floor gets wet. Natural stones such as faux stone flooring are also effective as they can be sandblasted. The same is with ceramic tile floors which are made of texture that prevents slippage.
- Pick the tiles that fulfill your demand of preventing from slips and falls because of wet flour. Remodel your bathroom by installing concrete flooring that would benefit you in the long-run by standing up in daily steam showers and tidal waves of bathing.
- Check the test sheet of tiles by asking the shopkeeper about the technical data of faux stone flooring which include moist absorption and abrasion strength. Check the breaking strength of the tile and scratch hardness. See whether the tile is water resistant and chemical resistant. Compare the qualities of one tile with the other and choose the best one for choosing your flooring.
- Ceramic and porcelain tiles are most famous tiles suitable for concrete flooring. Cotto Contempo is award-winning porcelain tile that gives enduring effects of standing up in wet conditions. These tiles are available with latest scanning and printing technology to increase durability.
- Shower tiles are another option of faux stone flooring you have as it is endurable during multiple uses every day in the bathroom. Kimona silk tile gives a look of the spa which adds beauty to your bathroom.
- Granite and marble are natural stones are more water-resistant which also gives an eye-catching design to your bathroom. Once you make the decision of choosing your flooring, you can use it in the drawing room that is used for party time. These 12 x 12 tiles are one of the traditional titles that are available in different size and shapes and gives a unique application of concrete flooring.
- Bathroom backsplash tiles include linear glass tile that prevents the faux stone flooring from damaging because of its water-resistant quality. The durability and texture make it most admirable for bathroom backsplash. It is available in interesting designs and colors which give a traditional look in the bathroom.
Other than choosing your flooring, you should also keep some important points in mind while flooring your area. Using smaller faux stone flooring tiles on the curves would help in water resistance. See which glass color would suit best with your tiles. Choose different tiles for this time of flooring to see which would give you more benefits of concrete flooring.
Read our post here for more informations: http://www.ifdarichmond.com/know-wood-flooring/…
Buying Wood Flooring
When you are getting ready for new flooring construction, one of the most common types of flooring that are advised is wood flooring. It can elevate the aesthetic of a home, and is durable and long lasting. It is often seen as a sign of class and sophistication. But wood flooring can be a large investment in a home, and take a large amount of money. If you have decided that you want wood flooring, or are still on the fence about it, these four questions are important to think about.
Solid Wood Flooring or Engineered Wood Floors?
The first question to ask is whether or not you want solid wood floors or engineered wood floors. Solid wood floors are those what are made out of a solid piece of wood. They are typically between ¾” and 5/16”. The biggest benefit to using solid wood flooring construction is that it can be sanded and refinished multiple times. Engineered wood floors are created using multiple layers of wood veneers. They are real wood, but may not be of the same species as with solid wood floors. They are able to withstand the changes in weather much better than solid wood flooring.
What Wood Species?
If you decide to use real wood, you are going to have to pick a species, or type of wood. There are over 50 different types of wood that you can choose from. Ash and maple woods are common for flooring construction with the goal of creating and open and airy rooms. You should also visit our top article here. Hickory and oak are common for warm and cozy rooms, whereas walnut and mahogany give a classy and sophisticated look to a room. Depending on the effect you want for the room, you will want to pick a different wood.
Factory Finished or Site Finished Floor?
With factory finished woods, the finish on your floor is placed at the factory. This means that before it even gets to your home, the flooring construction already has its finish. This also means that the variety of finishes are much more limited. However, they tend to be more affordable. You can also check out our link:http://www.ifdarichmond.com/10-questions-ask-hardwood-flooring-supplier/ here for more to know. With a site finished floor, the finish on your wood flooring will be completed as they install the flooring into your room. It allows for customizability, and gives you more control over the type of finish, which will then impact maintenance and appearance.
Gloss, Semi-Gloss, or Matte Finishing?
The final decision that you are going to have to make is what kind of finishing you want to place in your home. This is purely a matter of preference and which aesthetic will go best with the rest of your design. Gloss finishes will have the most shine, and tend to reflect a lot of light. With semi-gloss finishes, there is a medium amount of shine, and will reflect a smaller amount of light. Finally, with matte finishes, which are also known as satin finishes, there is almost no shine, and reflect no light. The type of flooring construction that you end up choosing will depend on the aesthetic you have, and the kind of maintenance that you are willing to complete.…